The elegant Gunnersbury Park House was built in 1802 by Alexander Copland, a wealthy property developer. After his death in 1834, the house and estate were sold to Nathan Mayer Rothschild who commissioned renowned architect, Sydney Smirke, to extend and refurbish the house, creating a grand country retreat and place of entertainment for Rothschild's family, friends and clients.
Throughout the centuries, Gunnersbury Park House has been witness to the most sumptuous parties and we're honoured to able to continue the tradition to this day.
The magnificent double-height entrance hall, with grand stone staircase and oak balustrades leads through to the Rothschild Rooms. This sequence of opulent interconnecting rooms – comprising the Drawing Room, Long Gallery and Dining Room – can be used individually or as one large space for up to 200 guests for a standing reception or 180 for dining.